ipNX Nigeria Limited needs Network Implementation/Support/Integration Engineer.
Coordinating of IT, NYSC Corp members, Outside Plant Technicians and Riggers to ensure day to day engineering operations (implementation and support).
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of IP network design, implementation, optimization, and maintenance to support voice, data and/or video networks in differing stages of development.
- Identify and implement equipment and solutions for creating and supporting IP networks for a variety of environments that require the use of wired and wireless transmission technologies.
- Work closely with related departments, partners, and Vendors to deliver high quality and reliable network performance.
- Evaluate user needs, systems, and new technologies to recommend the most effective communication and transmission systems.
- Research and evaluate network/systems, performance capacity, and compatibility with existing systems. Install, configure, maintain, and support network equipment and network operating systems (e.g., routers, bridges, servers, switches, and/or port connectors).
- Recommend and modify network configuration to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Configure network and/or third party software application programs to provide improved response time and/or quality.
- Recommend network database policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the network is fully operational and appropriately integrated for access with other systems.
- Analyze and monitor network activity to ensure optimal network operation.
- Monitor network traffic, usage, and performance.
- Run diagnostics to forecast performance thresholds.
- Perform analysis of network efficiency, traffic routing and troubleshoot network/system failures.
- Academic: BEng Computer Engineering, BEng Electrical Electronics or any IT related degree.
- Professional: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Experience: 3 Years and above
- Good LAN/WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, and members of team.
- Design and analytical troubleshooting of LAN, WAN network and Internet data architecture with good knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP etc).
- Good knowledge of installation and configuration of core network devices and its relevant integration to the network (LAN, MAN & WAN).
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (DC and AC) architecture and interconnectivity of relevant power devices/components.
- A hands-on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- A hand on experience with OSPF and BGP is desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to- Point and Point-to- Multipoint technologies is desirable
- Must be able to follow multiple simultaneous projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter- departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Hardworking and Tenacious.
- Performance driven.
- Sharp analytical and logical reasoning.
- Work effectively with my own initiative with minimal supervision and also as a part of a team.
- Good customer relations
Deadline: 31 December, 2017.