Lagos Novo Nordisk is looking for a Country Manager who will create and develop business strategy, manage the organization & performance for Middle Africa’s ‘Nigeria Region’ and will be responsible for establishing long-lasting relationships with external stakeholders, authorities and customers. We are looking for a focused and inspirational leader who understands our key mission of Changing Diabetes ® .
About the unit
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa was formed in early 2012. Novo Nordisk has an established presence with human insulin in Africa and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure access to better quality modern insulin within the markets and support the communities living with diabetes. The affiliate covers 49 countries with regional offices in Lagos, Nairobi, and Dakar. The Country Manager for Nigeria Region is responsible for four countries: Nigeria & Ghana (manned) and Liberia & Sierra Leone (unmanned).
As Country Manager for Nigeria Region, your key responsibilities will be to lead the development and implementation of ambitious strategies, in accordance with the overall Middle Africa affiliate objectives, and drive successful performance of the region. In addition, you will monitor the local competitive environment to identify business threats and opportunities and develop and implement business strategies & plans to address them.
Your responsibility is also to establish and oversee budgets, plans, policies, and programs that will effectively implement the business strategies and objectives set together with the affiliate. Furthermore, you will direct and support the ongoing development of employees and organization in line with present and future business needs, thereby ensuring employability and utilization of the potential of individuals and groups.
Finally, you will establish constructive relationships with external parties (distributors, authorities, industry, customers and suppliers, etc.), in order to enhance the corporate image and making Novo Nordisk the preferred partner.
We are looking for a candidate with a Graduate university degree in Pharmacy/Business Administration/Marketing/Finance/Medical Doctor and a Master in Business (desired).
The ideal candidate would have:
- Min. 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related industry like medical devices or healthcare
- Min. 4 years operations experience in Africa (including ground knowledge of business in Nigeria)
- Min. 4 years in two or more of the following functions: sales, marketing, business development or finance
- Min. 4 years in a people management position – in particular motivating and leading sales teams
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in P&L management
- Proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with internal and external stake holders
- Experience in problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proven ability to manage sales through distributors and networks of wholesalers.
The following competencies complement the ideal profile: Setting direction & strategy; High performing; Leading & coaching people; Focused on what matters; Business & industry understanding; Communicating with impact.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes. We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
If you are interested in applying for the position please apply through Novo Nordisk Career site.
28 March. However, we might start the interviewing process earlier with qualified candidates.