MTN Nigeria is looking to hire qualified candidates as Officer, Salaries (Supervisory) in Lagos Nigeria.
- To administer and run the payroll of MTN Nigeria (Nationals Only), ensuring proper reconciliation of all payroll related accounts and ensure MTNN’s compliance with all payroll related statutory requirements
- Execute salary administration activities including preparation of annual budget of Salary Unit, reviewing salaries journal vouchers, monitoring amortizations and accrual of salaries and reconciliations.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of all payroll related payments made to statutory authorities
- Coordinate the processing, remittance, reconciliation and reporting of all payroll related statutory liabilities (PAYE, NHF), ensuring MTNN’s compliance with all payroll related tax laws and regulations.
- Monitor prompt submission of payroll related inputs and review same for accuracy in terms of claims, allowances, tax relief and deductions.
- Administer statutory audit (concerning PAYE, ITF and NHF) process and respond promptly to payroll related queries raised by tax authorities and other regulatory bodies, preparing PAYE audit support data for external auditor’s use.
- Run the payroll software ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
- Coordinate the preparation of year-end tax forms (Form A) for both national and expatriate staff and file tax returns in compliance with the guidelines of the statutory authorities.
- Prepare monthly reports related to the payroll statutory deduction within MTNN.
- Ensure value is created when responding to enquiries regarding budget procedures and information from customers
- Register new MTNN staff with the State and Federal Board of Inland Revenue (SBIR, FBIR) and other internal revenue regulatory agencies to avert penalty that may arise.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Normal Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- First degree preferably Accounting
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in payroll management and tax
- Payroll management
- Tax management
- BA, B.Ed, B.Sc or HND