One Credit is one of Africa’s fastest growing and most innovative FinTech platforms. We are looking to dominate the lending space through technological innovation and pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture.
Your core responsibility will be to deliver highly available & scalable web applications that will help the company achieve its short & long-term role. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building scalable services that power our entire application suites with cutting-edge server-side technologies (mostly of your choice). As a full-stack engineer, you’ll be taking responsibilities for more than just building server side applications, but web applications that users can interact with.
Your job will generally involve the following.
- Implementation and maintenance of software solutions to help the company drive its goals.
- Proper Documentation (technical and descriptive ) of software systems.
- Debugging and Improvement of existing solutions.
- Testing software applications in controlled, real situations before going live.
The ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have been building applications (web or mobile) for at least 2 years.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle) and/or NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra).
- Great communication skills, and ability to put together documentation.
- You can translate business requirements into good design.
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Knowledge of GIT Version-Control System.
- A background in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Knowledge of microservices, Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Ability to work with the Linux / Unix environment.