-reading, monitoring and responding to the boss’s email,
– answering calls and handling queries,
– preparing correspondence on your boss’s behalf,
– delegating work in your boss’s absence,
– liaising with staff, clients, etc.,
– managing your boss’s electronic diary,
– organising meetings,
– organising travel and preparing complex travel itineraries,
– attending meetings on your boss’s behalf
– writing minutes,
– taking dictation,
– planning, organising and managing events,
– managing a budget,
– attending events/meetings as your boss’s representative,
– conducting research on the internet,
– writing reports, executive summaries, newsletters,
– preparing presentations,
– preparing papers for meetings,
– managing and reviewing filing and office systems,
– preparing updates for intranet,
– typing documents,
– sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment,
– managing projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Adaptability and flexibility. Certain jobs may require longer working hours during busy periods at short notice.
- Ability to multi task.
- Determination – you may need to get a job done with little time!
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to build good relationships – you will be the main point of contact for many clients.
- Ability to delegate when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgement