PO Project Development Officer – The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) is a specialized agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with a public mandate to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in the ECOWAS region.
The Ouagadougou Declaration, adopted at the ECOWAS conference for Peace and Security on 12th November 2007 in Burkina Faso, articulated the need to establish a regional center to promote Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. In 2008, the 61st Session of ECOWAS Council of Ministers adopted regulation C/REG.23/11/08 to give the ECOWAS Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency a legal basis. The ECREEE Secretariat was subsequently set up in November 2009 in Praia, Cape Verde.
This post is located at the Secretariat of the ECOWAS Centre on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) based in Praia, Cape Verde. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the duties of the:
PO project development officer (1 Position) Internationally recruited position
- Department: ECREEE Executive Secretariat
- Directorate: ECREEE
- Grade: P2
- Annual Salary: USD 31,192 – USD 38,869
- Supervisor: PPO PDFM
- Reference: ECW-ECREEE-P/007/2016
- Duration: (Two years – renewable)
- Duty Station: Praia, Cape Verde
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and administrative support to PDFM Project Development projects and programmes including but not limited to:
- Maintaining a registry and filing system for soft and hard documents;
- Supporting preparation of workshops and meetings, including logistics, preparation of agendas, documentation, minutes, etc.;
- Follow-up correspondence with stakeholders;
- Assist in the development of programs and projects for all PDFM Project Development initiatives;
- Provide support in the organization and running of activities related to the Unit;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of project proposals; inception, progress and final reports, presentations, and other project-related materials;
- Contribute technical and policy input to PDFM Project Development projects and the overall delivery of those projects;
- Performing other duties as directed by the PPO and PO-Project Development, PDFM.
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Energy, Engineering, Economics (or equivalent);
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an advantage and will reduce required years of experience by up to 2 years (depending on the field);
- At least 3 years of experience, preferential in the area of energy in the ECOWAS region;
- Experience in funds mobilization (promotion of investments) will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in assisting energy programs and projects;
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational experience, including events (logistics, meeting notes, report preparation, etc.);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a multinational environment and handle politically and culturally sensitive issues;
- Advance knowledge of a wide range of software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, internet, etc.), and automation equipment.
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the ECOWAS Commission; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.