FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Procurement Manager for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Manages day to day operations and systems coordination related to the procurement of various supplies and services in support of the project located domestically and internationally. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, cell phones, furniture, publications, subscriptions, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals for both domestic and country offices.
- Oversees logistical system for shipping/property control and related contracts.
- Works with vendors to negotiate and obtain best pricing and service for international shipping contracts.
- Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance.
- Acts as liaison with finance to assure purchase orders are paid as due and accounts are maintained currently.
- Trains staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
- Coordinate and plan bookings of meeting and training rooms by internal and external users. Ensure that all internal and external meeting organizers comply with FHI’s Guidelines for meeting/workshops.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities utilized by the humanitarian response team including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinate the periodic inventory verification of all listed stores and property.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International Equivalent in Procurement and Logistics or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of procurement experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and logistics standards and practices. Working knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding budgets and contracts.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate and negotiate to ensure compliance and company objectives and goals are met.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.