eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Currently one of our main focuses is the development of tools to tackle the ongoing Ebola outbreak, helping with post-outbreak measurements and supporting health in West Africa and Nigeria as well as involvement in various other programs across the African continent. Our diverse, international software development team of 27 is located in Berlin, with various team members currently on site in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
We’re currently looking for a Product Owner (1 year, freelance, full time contract) to join us and work on outbreak response, nutrition and health system strengthening products, starting as soon as possible.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree in computer science / software engineering.
- 5+ years experience building software with web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and self-initiative.
- Experience working in product design and development, user-centered design.
- Experience in one of informatics, information design, public health, mobile applications.
- Strong analytical and technical skills – software development experience a massive plus.
- Experience working in developing, rural or low-literacy contexts.
- Willingness and ability to take trips to areas where our products are used (currently Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Nigeria) and work with diverse stakeholders.
- German, Spanish and French are desirable but not essential.
- Develop the vision for products which support our software strategy for health system support and communicate this to the software team and stakeholders.
- Gather feature / product requirements from stakeholder input and define and prioritize these for the development team.
- Coordinate with local partners, governments and users to ensure products effectively satisfy their needs throughout development.
- Ensure that what is being built represents great product design practices, is relevant, effective and focused.
- Throughout the product lifecycle, spend a significant amount of time on site – for collecting the first requests, getting feedback and rolling out the product.
Language/ Communication Skills
- English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work