Key Roles and Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
- Deep understanding of clients’ operating environment including day to day transactional flows, cash investment needs, trading cycles, and operational banking requirements.
- Provide regular input to the relationship teams from day to day understanding of the clients’ operations
- Execute activities in line with sales pipeline policy.
- Build access at operating level in the client shop.
- Join relationship managers sales in client calling where necessary.
- Lead discussion around client servicing.
- Leverage the feedback from client operating level and bank MIS to generate potential sales opportunities.
- Provide pricing in line with Cash and Trade pricing policy for flow opportunities (e.g. operating accounts and trade finance.).
- Complete ownership to maintain and grow Cash and Trade booked flow revenue across assigned clients.
- Grow cash balances and volumes.
- Grow utilization on Trade limits.
- Proactive Trade book management.
- Monitor usage of channels.
- Manage documentation for transactions and post transaction monitoring & servicing
- Lead the execution of deals by tracking implementation through to revenue realization.
- Documentation process for Cash & Trade.
- Liaising with Operations and relationship teams on referrals.
- Internal approvals for pricing and ops
- Lead complex trade and cash sales pitches with clients
Client servicing support
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments.
- Adhere all Sales policies in the Country, conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
- Drive the Operational Risk framework implementation where applicable
- Build strong & deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- In conjunction with the unit head, proactively engage local and global business & functional partners and stakeholders to drive the TB Transactional Sales agenda and ensure alignment
- Promote the SCB brand and Group Code of Conduct – exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep knowledge of transaction products with a bias towards cash management
- More than 5 years experience in driving transaction banking
- Evidence of conscientious and client focussed behaviours.
- Cash & Trade product and structuring knowledge with a cash management bias
- Knowledge of risks associated with these products
- Knowledge of credit risk management
- Ability to effectively position the right Cash & Trade products in Client situations as evidenced in current role in Sales, Service or Product. Credit skills needed to manage limits
- Individual revenue and or product P&L delivery & service skills essential.
- Commercial Acumen with ability to ask for business.
- Attention to detail and timeliness in a high activity environment.
- Aptitude to manage individual revenue targets.