The Nigerian Stock Exchange is searching for Product Specialist, Fixed Income and Currencies Markets in Nigeria.
The Product Specialist, Fixed Income and Currencies will support the drive, design and development of Fixed Income related products in the Exchange. S/he will also support all functions pertaining to the Fixed Income and Currencies product line with the overall goal of ensuring that Fixed Income and Currencies products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with the overall goals of the department. The role supports the day-to-day management of the Bonds market and support to the creation/delivery of new Fixed Income products and markets. The Product Specialist will serve as the “Product Champion” by proactively disseminating related information while communicating the product message. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilizing internal and external data/information resources) to support the creation of a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realize their investment objectives. The Product Specialist will support the drive of the Fixed Income and Currencies Market Programme and will ensure the success of these programme by working with all stakeholders (both internal and external). The position is situated Nigeria with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell side participants.
- Support the continuous enhancement of the Bond Market micro-structure, as well as development and introduction of new Fixed Income and Currencies Product lines/markets. Support the development and drive of the Fixed Income and Currencies product lifecycle, from creation to launch/operational, as well as product excellence and usage (product management of the market). Support the management of functional market specifications for the product line and product literatures. Support the development of the market micro-structure (in areas such as transaction fees, market access and market quality) to increase product profitability. Assist to catalyse the adoption of global best practices in sales practice, order handling, trade execution, trade reporting, and other initiatives that will enhance the client experience when interacting in the market. Work with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the Fixed Income and Currencies product suite. Work with market participants to increase market liquidity in Bonds and other Fixed Income Products; and consider questions such as length of trading hours, circuit breakers, best execution statistic, Opening and Closing auctions, etc. Assist to drive review and amendment of trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading in Fixed Income Products. Relationship management – with broker-dealers, Institutional Investors (PFAs, CPFAs, Insurance companies, managed funds, portfolio managers, etc) and other trading participants locally and internationally. Serve as a proactive resource to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train them on product attributes and new initiatives. Support the coordination and operation of investor education programmes in partnership with other stakeholders on Bonds and other Fixed Income products. Understand drivers of order flow to the Exchange. Support the coordination and partnership with the other product development team members in conjunction with other stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs. Serve as ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties. Research new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry. Support the Product Manager to monitor/interpret product pricing trends and recommend appropriate strategies. Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas. Assist in driving the development process once a new product has been approved by all functional areas. Support in the provision of insight and assist marketing on an on-going and proactive basis with respect to product positioning and communication strategies. Assist to continuously monitor industry trends and competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position. Support in the development of product papers and requisite research papers in support of the objectives of the department
- Support in the preparation of presentations for ExCo and other key stakeholders. Work with Product Managers in developing business plans to achieve company revenue goals
- Analyse competitive marketplace and industry trends to accordingly develop business strategies for revenue generation
- Obtain customer/client feedback and suggest appropriate product revisions
- Recommend product enhancements and updates to identify new business opportunities
- Work with business team to identify new customers and to retain existing customers
- Maintain complete documentations for all product related activities
- Ethics Knowledge
- Product Development
- Sound Understanding of The Capital Market Business/Industry
- Good Understanding of Market Quality Statistics & Best Execution Principles
- Strong Leadership
- Attention to Detail
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Team Player
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in quantitative or business related areas. Minimum 7 years of experience in financial services industry, Treasury or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (e.g. CIS, CFA, Finra series 7 and 24) will be an added advantage.