ECOWAS hiring Program Officer GIS And Mapping to boost its manpower. See details below
- Department: Political Affairs, peace and Security
- Directorate: Early Warning
- Grade: P2
- Annual Salary: USD 31,192 – USD 38,869
- Supervisor: Principal Programme Officer, Systems Manager
- Reference: ECW/PAPS/NEWRM-P (4)
- Duration: Contract (Two years, renewable)
- Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
The PO GIS & Mapping would be functionally attached to and work under the supervision of the PPO Systems Manager.
He / She would have the responsibility to:
- Provide Geographic Information System (GIS) services to support Observation and Monitoring Center operation of the ECOWAS Region’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Support the Analysis Division team in incorporating GIS technology into routine data collection, analysis and reporting
- Participate in the development of work plans, and work products to fulfill requests.
- Conduct routine to moderately complex geoprocessing and analysis, geodatabase development, data maintenance, map compilation.
- Utilize and imports outside client files into ArcGIS software.
- Perform advanced spatial analysis of data from different sources.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of all in-house geospatial equipment such as GPS and geospatial software technology and mobile applications.
- Install geospatial software and patches, as well as analyzes and interprets geospatial data.
- Handle data creation and performs data change analysis.
- Perform any other tasks assigned.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in GIS with + three (3) years of experience. Knowledge of principles and practices of GIS and Remote Sensing theory, systems, data collection, databases, and mapping. Knowledge of aerial photography and geospatial data. Knowledge of mobile application platforms and GPS units and software. Ability to be detail oriented and organized. Ability to work effectively with various personalities and levels of authority.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Ms Power Point, Access.
- Excellent team player.
- Good self and time management skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Pro-active management outlook.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.