SENCE is looking to hire Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products for one of its client. Sence is a reputable agency managed by Mrs ibok who doubled as the founder and CEO of SENCE. A lawyer and HR specialist with a passion for innovation and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
•The Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will identify, design, develop and execute EFInA’s strategy to promote financial inclusion by deepening access and use of inclusive products in Nigeria.
•The Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will use the breath of EFInA’s pillars – research, advocacy, capacity building opportunities and funding – to drive large scale usage and uptake of inclusive products. He/she will convene and mediate between financial institutions, regulators, other development partners and customers to ensure the uptake and usage of identified inclusive products. The Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will develop programmes, projects, structures, systems and key relationships required to achieve EFInA’s strategic objectives over the next two to five years, as it pertains to inclusive products.
•The role demands a highly numerate, strategic thinker, who is able to evaluate and synthesise large amounts of information and can execute the strategy. He/she must possess a deep understanding of the technical and operating environment of delivering inclusive products. The Programme Specialist should be able to apply global and regional good practices to deepen financial inclusion and enhance the rate of financial inclusion in Nigeria. The Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will have a proven track record of identifying, implementing and driving innovation in a new area with minimal supervision. Using these skills and experiences, the Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will identify additional research requirements to inform key stakeholders and deliver on the EFInA Inclusive Products strategy.
•The Programme Specialist should have strong organisational and project management skills to proactively identify, develop, budget, monitor and drive EFInA’s Inclusive Products strategy. In addition, the Programme Specialist should have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, possess the gravitas, credibility, and track record for building and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders. By identifying and forging strategic alliances, he/she will promote and secure external participation in deepening the financial inclusion of Nigeria and increasing the uptake and usage of inclusive products. He/she will also support EFInA’s research, advocacy, capacity building, and funding objectives by disseminating pertinent information, convening meetings, presenting at international conferences, reviewing requests for funding and interacting with key counterparts.
•The successful applicant will have eight or more years of experience in development and/or the private sector, with a minimum of three years developing and implementing inclusive products, inclusive finance, and/or working with low income communities. He/She must have a strong strategic focus, be results driven, and be committed to high standards of performance. He/She must be comfortable with negotiating change, taking responsibility and making complex strategic and operational decisions. Highly adaptable, creative, and accustomed to delivering results in a dynamic and fluid working environment, the Programme Specialist, Inclusive Products will make decisive and tangible contributions to EFInA as soon as he/she joins the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
• Master’s degree in Economics, International Development, Finance, Business Administration or other related disciplines
• At least eight years’ experience in development or financial services (preferably in Nigeria), with either a minimum of three years developing and implementing inclusive products, inclusive finance, and/or working with low income communities
• Strong relationship management experience with the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
• Experience working in a complex or pioneering environment and managing or facilitating change
• Project management experience with relevant certification
• Supervision and leadership experience
• Experience in evaluating proposals
• Experience in/or exposure to policy development
• Financial modelling experience
• Strategic thinker who keeps abreast of international trends in inclusive products sectors
• Works independently and as part of a team
• Highly numerate, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to produce concise, well-structured and very high quality reports and presentations
• Ability to synthesise and interpret large amounts of information and data
• Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Very strong presentation skills
• Strong public speaking skills
• Effective influencing and relationship building skills, including at senior levels
• Strong advocacy skills
• Advanced level competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluency in other languages desirable
• Commitment to the financial inclusion agenda
• Gravitas, credibility and ability to initiate and develop strategic partnerships and alliances
• Highly organised and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritise work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
• Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Can-do approach
• Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
• Driven and a self-starter
• Proactive with high levels of initiative
• Resourceful with an enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
• Positive, flexible, supportive attitude to work
• Exhibits a helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements
• Discreet and respects confidentiality
• Integrity and high personal ethical standards
Work experience minimum of 3 years experience.
Upper salary range Attractive