SENCE is looking to hire Project Coordinator, Cassava Mechanization and Agro-Processing Project (ES0115) for one of its client. Sence is a reputable agency managed by Mrs ibok who doubled as the founder and CEO of SENCE. A lawyer and HR specialist with a passion for innovation and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Cassava Mechanization and Agro-Processing Project (CAMAP) project activities in Nigeria. Inherent in this will be to enhance the out-scaling of all CAMAP project activities (Osun, Ogun, Kwara, Kogi, Oyo and other states to be identified). Key responsibilities will be to:
– Lead in the identification of farmers, service providers, fabricators, agro processors, and markets including maintaining a database of all farmers.
– Supervise the ploughing, planting, harvesting of the cassava, including the sourcing and delivery of inputs (stems, fertilizers and herbicides)
– Spearhead the project cost recovery strategy by ensuring that all farmers involved are paying back for the services provided by the project
– Assist in the identification of training needs and in organizing agribusiness training for project partners.
– Maintain project equipment register and conduct training of service providers in efficient service provision, as well as in the use and maintenance of farming equipment.
– Assist in the creation of market access and linkages
– Work with the communication and partnership unit to create project awareness, including the establishment of demonstration sites where necessary
– Assist in monitoring of technology implementation and adoption
– Implement and/or improve farm data collection instrument that optimize statistical efficiency and information quality
– Interpret data, analyse results and prepare project reports.
Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement and abilities.
A good master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or other related disciplines from a reputable institution.
– A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience at the national or international level in providing business and management development services.
– Hands-on experience in agricbusiness, market linkages and public relations
– Experience in working with cassava and handling farm machinery will be an advantage
– Fluency in written and spoken English. a working knowledge of French will be an advantage