DevTech is seeking a local driver under the guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer to provide reliable and safe driving. The Project Driver will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. This will be a full-time position with benefits. The Driver will be based in the S4SIPMS Abuja offices. Only Nigerian applicants will be considered.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive office vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel
- Ensure vehicle is safe and availability of all the required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for official personnel and visitors
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Log all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, car washing etc.
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept clean
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of O-Level School Certificate
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience in a busy office especially in the NGO set up
- Possession of a valid driving license for the required classes of vehicles
- Driving accident free record
- Be fluent in English Language, written and oral
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Cautious with defensive driving skills
- Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity
- A good team player with pleasant personality
- Ability to work long hours and in difficult terrain
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Capable of assessing risk and judiciously taking correct actions (Defensive driving certificate)
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.