The Job Role
To provide expertise necessary to help clients with financial accounting issues especially related to IFRS reporting and accounting advisory services in the Capital Market and Accounting Consulting Services Unit. To supervise and manage the delivery of client advisory engagements around deals accounting, complex IFRS accounting and new standards implementation, IFRS trainings, capital market transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide IFRS technical accounting and business advice to a variety of clients
- Design and agree assignment terms and scope in line with PwC standards and procedures
- Perform IFRS compliance review of financial statements
- Prepare high quality reports and client deliverables
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Manage teams and reporting directly to the Director or Partner
- Manage the coaching, personal and professional training and development of your team.
- Ensure proper planning and manage efficient and quality delivery of engagements to ensure profitability for the firm through monitoring of team efficiency and driving timely billings and collections from clients
- Manage high value client relationships and work with the BU leadership in devising and driving business development strategy
- Work and liaise with other members of the team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service
- Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Demonstrate industry and technical expertise in IFRS and business advisory areas through written reports and management presentations.
- Manage capital market transactions such as reporting accountant engagements, IPO readiness assessments, business acquisitions accounting and advisory, reorganisation and restructuring advisory, etc
- A good university degree
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- 5 – 8 years experience in a Finance/accounting or financial reporting role, with at least 2 of those years in an IFRS accounting or reporting role
- Experience in leading and managing a team, including coaching and development of team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good client relationship skills, with a proven track record of dealing with senior client staff; up to and including board level.
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions