Regional Sales Manager – Enterprise Communications, East Africa and Middle East countries
This position is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory.
Works as part of an account team to identify, qualify and deliver Hardware products/ solutions. Responsible for the account plan to drive goal attainment in assigned territory. Coordinates with the other members of the sales team (employees and partners) to support account sales and business development strategies. Helps identify and engage the appropriate partner to meet customer specifications. Becomes trusted advisor to key customer influencers and decision makers. Drives company’s strategy into assigned accounts. Follows all companies’ methodologies and processes related to sales opportunity pursuit. Ensures that the company’s sales programs are known and executed in assigned territory, including personal follow-up and engagement in selected opportunities. Achieves or exceeds the quarterly and annual sales goals. May travel frequently.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle Communications Global Business Unit
Oracle has an outstanding track record for delivering business value in the communications industry. Oracle offers packaged software solutions that deliver end-to-end support for the key business processes for communications companies, from service creation, offer management, and order orchestration, through provisioning and service delivery, to billing, revenue assurance, and reporting.
Oracle Communications enables trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks for service providers and enterprises. The company’s solutions are deployed by more than 1,900 service providers and enterprises globally, including 89 of the world’s top 100 communications companies.
Oracle plans to make the networking offering a core offering in its Oracle Communications portfolio to enable customers to more rapidly innovate while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures. Oracle anticipates enterprise customers will be able to more effectively engage customers, deliver more innovative applications, and improve employee productivity.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for sales and the development and growth of Enterprise business based on the Oracle Communications networks product portfolio in East Africa and certain Middle East territories.
- Responsible for the sale of the Company’s products by actively creating and developing new Enterprise sales opportunities and managing and growing existing Enterprise customer relationships
- Development of target accounts sales strategies through direct touch as well as through Channel Partners and Distribution.
- Development of executive relationships at the target Enterprise accounts
- Build the business case for the adoption of the Company’s value proposition with the target customers
- Work closely with other internal functions such as Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Engineering to address the complex solutions to meet the customer needs
- Conduct sales presentations, workshops and prepare proposals for customers
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas
- Follow and comply with Oracle processes for conducting business by adhering to Oracle polices, reporting procedures.
- Be high-energy driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated track record of success in selling Business Communications solutions in East Africa specifically. Middle East experience would be an advantage.
- 8+ years of sales experience in telecommunications, preferably selling IP, VOIP, Unified Communications, IMS or NGN solutions to large Enterprise customers
- Good network of contacts in Enterprise customers across the region
- Strong knowledge of the business communication industry and associated companies
- Sales “hunter” that will build a substantial sales pipeline. Demonstrable success in prospecting for new opportunities independent of marketing.
- Experience in channel sales and strategic partnerships
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of competitors’ strategies/actions and develops counter-strategies to ensure Oracle’s success
- Deep experience with a consultative sales approach including preparing and presenting proposals for complex system solutions
- Proven and consistent success in exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Outstanding teaming skills and ability to coordinate and identify resources from various teams
- Able to work with and influence senior executives, CIO, CTO, Chief Architects etc.