Standard Chartered Bank Relationship Managers Commercial Banking. See details below:
Reports Directly to: Team Lead
For: Consultation, advice and business direction in implementing sales process towards delivery of exceptional performance. This is evidenced by surpassing set revenue and cost budget/target.
* To identify and sign on potential customers by understanding their businesses and providing value added product offerings
* Maximise overall risk-adjusted profitability and share of wallet. Responsible for execution of activities to ensure that the Bank retains and builds relationships with customers through excellent service.
* Identify and implement marketing strategies and business opportunities that will assist in the sales process
* Manage the target market business to ensure profit target as set out in annual budget is met and exceeded.
* Help clients to internationalise and make the SCB network work
* Provide access and influence with clients’ key decision makers
* Identify and qualify opportunities to optimally satisfy clients’ needs and meet our objectives
* Coordinate resources internally to execute delivery to clients
* Highlight and assist in addressing credit risk and compliance related concerns
* Assume responsibility for general account management discipline
* Provide all necessary support to credit and MIS functions as relates to their role in client portfolios
* Exemplify the values of the group in all undertakings. To remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist the Bank in its efforts at combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. To ensure training in combating money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption as well as counter-terrorism financing is completed ahead of set timelines.
* Credit Analyst team
* Relationship Managers in Commercial Banking
* Assistant Relationship Managers in Commercial Banking
* IT/ Support teams
* Credit Approvers in Commercial Banking
* Support team in Technology and Service delivery
* Product partners
* The Bank’s customers
* Central bank
* Securities and Exchange Commision (SEC)
* Ministries and other governmet agencies, etc.
Authorities: Delegated General Overhead and Business Expense Limit
* Local revenue
* Offshore revenue
* Number of new accounts on-boarded
* Product sales
* Risk Management
* Qualitative measures of teamwork and coordination
* Good external profile, especially with clients
* Standard Business Performance Criteria:
* Ensure prompt recognition and reporting of deteriorating credit quality
* Ensure credit grades promptly reflect changes in credit quality
* No overdue reviews
* No breaches of group and local Credit Policy without specific approval