SENCE is looking to hire Research Officer for one of its client. Sence is a reputable agency managed by Mrs ibok who doubled as the founder and CEO of SENCE. A lawyer and HR specialist with a passion for innovation and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Research Officer is responsible for creating research instruments/survey instruments (questionnaires, questions, sample sizes) and analyzes data for the Company. The position will perform quantitative research, data extraction, modeling, and other analyses to determine qualitative and verifiable information on behalf of polling surveys on behalf of Company clients and research projects for the Company. The Officer is required to develop relationships with industry Associates/researchers/experts with industry specific and sustainability expertise. The Officer is expected to be or quickly become fully proficient analyzing data from both primary and secondary sources.
The position requires tenacity and creativity to conduct research, draw insights, combine large amounts of data and develop/maintain key industry Associate relationships. It is essential that the Officer quickly identify the most salient issues within a survey poll and understand how those issues are or can best be measured and disclosed. The Officer will manage multiple industries and sectors simultaneously.
Other roles include;
• Create specific research standards for surveys and research projects.
• Cultivate, develop and maintain new and ongoing relationships with numerous and diverse industry
• Analyse data for clients that may potentially be used for feedback and ideas that may improve or influence decision making from key personnel of various organisations.
• Produce research reports, presentations, and summary analysis for internal and external audiences.
• Maintain and improve the company’s professional reputation which is used to group industries by their use of resources and sustainability impacts/opportunities.
• Periodically refine the map by evaluating sustainability issues, the tests/methodology used to determine materiality, key words and the test data sources.
• Consult with the Head, Communication and Research on matters related to materiality, standards development, research practices, business structure/strategy and growth.
• Drive initiatives for the SASB leadership team and organization that contribute to long-term organizational excellence.
• Liaise with functional leads to maximize internal research and standards development.
• Implementation of surveys and scoping studies
• Project management
• Analysis and Interpretation of data
• Dissemination of research findings
• Master’s degree in statistics, Economics, Anthropology, International Development, Public policy or related field from any reputable institution.
• This is a fast paced environment requiring self-direction, accountability, and high degree of personal initiative. The Officer must be able to work independently and produce high quality output. We’re looking for a leader to personally drive our research and standards to success.
• Strong self-starter with ability to initiate work manages performance to fulfill responsibilities in the face of competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Ideal candidate will have 5 – 7 plus years’ experience as a research Officer or similar role, performing quantitative research/analysis, data modeling, and data mining.
• Exceptional research and analysis skills and comprehension/synthesis of complex information.
• Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and audiences.
• High energy level with a sense of urgency and a results oriented approach.
• Exceptional attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a collaborative work style.
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
• Open to direction and suggestions.
• Collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization, analyzing situations from several points of view.
• Persuasive with details and facts.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows.
Work experience 5 – 6 years
Upper salary range Attractive