Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) is recruiting for fulltime Revenue Protection Analyst.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, the candidate must demonstrate ability/potential for the following accountabilities:
Commercial Data Analysis:
- Gathers, organizes and analyzes data as it pertains to case development using analytical, tracking, and data management tools.
- Uses tools to research and update contact database of CAS customers.
- Interacts with senior staff and customers to further develop cases, identify and analyze points of compromise, and notify customers of potential risk.
- Works with team on well-defined tasks related to detection of suspicious point of fraud activity using proprietary software, and identification of potential cases using in-house tools to update and query the database.
- Reviews field investigations and summary of pertinent investigative data and develop reports to be furnished to stakeholders as required
- Assists on special projects that require extensive technical, critical thinking, report writing, and strategic analysis.
- Creates investigative reports or other strategic products from raw field data and sources relevant to the unit or geographic region.
- Performs data analysis, review, and evaluation of criminal investigative case data and/or evidence to discern relevant information or case characteristics and to identify trends, patterns or relationships to enhance case development.
- Collates all regulatory data for onward submission to various regulatory bodies as may be required
- Provides support, advice, and guidance to Energy loss investigators on investigative data and trends.
- Prepares critically constructed queries of investigative data relating to investigations pertinent to the RPU mandate and strategic objectives.
- Prepares questions and preliminary case data or documents for interviews, meetings, or court proceedings.
- Presents investigative analysis and findings orally and in writing to Legal Department for determination of the prosecutorial merits of the case throughout the investigation, and through criminal or civil proceedings
- Responsible for assigning tickets to various teams within the organization for technical resolutions
- Reviews support tickets to spot error trends on accounts.
- Reviews tickets with the supervisor / other staff to spot potential issues.
- Communicates with the customers via e-mail on tickets as appropriate
- Monitors system error logs and communicate to the ICT team as needed
- Coordinates with the other departments to ensure all RP tickets are addressed on a timely manner.
- Adheres to proper human resources and company processes and policies.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Responsible for independently handling resolution and communication related to tasks assigned.
- Reviews issues critically, takes ownership through resolution and think logically and proactively to prioritize tasks and solve problems
Commercial Impact & Performance Tracking:
- Supports the design and development of performance monitoring templates for individual, regional and team performance review and analysis.
- Testifies before grand juries, courts, and administrative hearings as necessary.
- Devises resourceful and distinctive methods and techniques to acquire elusive information from various sources in furtherance of investigations and analysis
- Maintains currency of investigative trends dealing with investigations, legislation and/or regulation, data analysis techniques, criminal law and procedure, and how this body of knowledge informs data analysis and report preparation
- Serves as primary trainer in Field Office with other analysts; sharing information, advice, guidance, and solutions which are highly technical in nature, require critical thinking skills, and handling situations which may have no set precedents.
Performance Tracking & Analysis:
- Analyses, organizes, and communicates findings on the performance of RPU
- Develops operations procedures and systems reports to harmonize reporting and roll out
- Provides in-depth analysis of trends that impact the quality of service delivery of RPU
- Captures and analyzes data in respect of quality of service from field investigators against assigned service orders
- Creates a reporting regime to communicate Performance results to stakeholders in the organization worldwide
- Works with stakeholders to produce reports on scheduled and ad-hoc basis to support improved quality and better Performance
- Provides ad-hoc field support to identify quality and efficiency opportunities in RPU activities
- Collects, maintains and summarizes information from company automated systems into reports and distributes them to stakeholders
- Communicates and explains root cause problems and issues that impede the achievement of the standard Performance targets
- Sets up interdepartmental meetings, serving as facilitator to coordinate roll out of multi-location orders with Major Accounts and provisioning teams.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Graduate degree in Engineering Courses and Sciences.
- 1- 5 years general work experience
- Experience as Revenue Protection specialist will be added advantage
- Fair Knowledge of metering installation
- Familiarity with the various types of electricity metering infrastructure
- Good knowledge of the electricity supply chain value system
- Fair Knowledge of the electricity regulatory codes and requirements
Other Required Competencies:
- Analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizational skills
- Conflict Handling
- Safety and Security awareness
- Interrogation skills to establish facts
- Strong attention to details
- Environment: Work is performed in a standard office setting and in a field setting with travel from site to site and exposure to an outdoor field environment and all types of weather and temperature conditions; may work irregular hours; exposure to electrical energy, potentially hostile individuals and aggressive animals; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and in a field environment; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; walk on uneven terrain, loose soil, and sloped surfaces; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations; to operate equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.