RusselSmith Group Shops Rope Access/NDT Technician in Nigeria to carry out the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out inspection of Structural Steel, Vessels and Piping.
- Coordinates Non Destructive Testing (NDT) activities and review of NDT reports
- Read and interpret the various drawings used in the projects for executing the work.
- Knowledge in preparation of test package and inspection test plan and QC procedures.
- To perform NDT as per job requirement as per request received from QC Inspectors.
- To evaluate and interpret the NDT results with respect to applicable Codes, standards, specifications and approved company procedures.
- To prepare NDT reports and certify the results.
- To demonstrate each NDT techniques to QC Engineers and Authorized Inspectors prior to performance on the job.
- To prepare reports for the demonstration of Techniques.
- To maintain the NDT equipment and instruments in good condition.
- To estimate the NDT consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
- To perform periodic verification of the calibration as per Code requirements.
- To coordinate with NDT subcontractor for other NDT requirements.
- Performs Nondestructive testing techniques and methods in accordance with the clients’ needs depending on the type of inspection required.
- Responsible for executing the tests using the procedures and methods to determine maximum quality of the product.
- Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation.
- Expected to prepare reports on all testing and evaluations done.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipments used for testing are all functioning to its maximum and according to safety regulations.
- Responsible for endorsing the equipment to repair.
- Responsible for prioritizing job orders in terms of its cost and effectiveness.
- Familiar with inspection techniques.
- Capable of completing responsibility for work projects and conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation.
- Daily reporting about progress, non-compliance, technical queries and delay in work to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Project Manager.
- Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
- Hold an appropriate current First Aid certificate, to show an undertaken suitable emergency First Aid training.
- Troubleshoots any project problems; assures that equipment and materials are properly maintained for efficient operations; reports any process or equipment problems to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Project Manager.
- Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and highlight possible risk on project. Monitor evaluates and ensures that all work is being carried out safely. Implement technical and safety requirements for the project.
- Attend all tailgate, team briefing, team debriefing and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
IRATA Level III
NDT Level II- UT, PT, VT, ET and RT
• Good leadership skills are beneficial.
• Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of operational problems.
Ability to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
The job is performed outdoors