We are looking for an outstanding Sales Manager to join the Safmarine team of Maersk Nigeria Limited, to be based in Lagos. Reporting directly to the CWA Safmarine Cluster Manager, the role will be responsible for driving and delivering business and sales targets set for the Nigeria market, formulating and executing sales strategies and developing individual sales account plans. You will be helping Safmarine brand to explore further business opportunity and continue to strengthen its market presence.
A challenging opportunity to work in a dynamic and driven organisation where you will demonstrate your sales and client management skills as well as leadership capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading customers and corporations in the Central West Africa (CWA) cluster, to acquire and master the best sales practices and to gain visibility and recognition within Maersk Line CWA cluster.
- Creates, articulates and drives the local strategies for different customer segments in Nigeria.
- Develops and executes the sale strategy to maximise results through strong relationships with assigned key accounts.
- Develops local differentiators, and formulate a business plan to support target deliveries in Nigeria.
- Drives campaigns to generate a healthy pipeline and yield.
- Ensures optimal activity management and account management to truly understand customers and their needs.
- Ensures sale systems and reporting are up to dates for management tracking, analysis and planning.
- Lead the sales function in the direction set by Trade and Marketing and develops new business opportunities.
- Leverages understanding of the Nigeria business environment to support development of the sales strategy.
- Maintains relationships with top accounts.
- Makes joint sales calls with sales representatives.
- Oversees and coordinates the effective running of the Sales Incentive Programme for the Nigeria Sales force.
- Oversees Nigeria forecasting and budgeting to align with business goals.
- Partners with Customer Experience team to further enhance collaboration and facilitate cooperation between sales force and Customer Experience Partner (CEP) team.
- Sells Nigeria by making our voice heard constantly and globally primarily via our performance but also by ensuring we always have success stories to share.
- Drives a customer engagement culture visible through CSS responses.
- Monitors and provides visibility on performance with regards to key areas of focus e.g. Volumes, Market Share, Money/Asset matters and CSS.
- Drives a performance culture in the team by creating a weekly visibility on performance.
- Ensures data integrity in all legacy systems and applications in the CE organisation e.g. SFDC
- Ensures team is knowledgeable and competent in Standard Operating procedures and policies that concerns their function and customers.
- Initiates simple local improvement projects that drives us towards targeted business performance in CWA Cluster.
- Performs other adhoc tasks as provided by your manager.
We are looking for
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and success in Sales and key client management.
- Solid exposure and knowledge of business, trading, logistics and transportation market.
- A natural and inspiring team leader, proven Leader of Others experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Independent, creative and resourceful.
- Excellent negotiation, sales and analytical skills.
- Fluent in Nigeria language is required. Fluency in Igbo is an advantage.
- Fluent written and spoken English.