The role of the Account Manager is to develop and manage the overall relationships with key clients/prospects in Nigeria (Abuja & Lagos) for the purpose of:
• Retaining and increasing sales as well as improving the profitability of Wood Mackenzie research products and multi-client studies.
• Developing networks that lead to a deep understanding of the client’s needs and therefore future requirements.
• Proactively gain feedback from clients on Wood Mackenzie offerings in order that we continue to develop our services in line with our client needs.
• Facilitating consultancy sales.
• Develop, co-ordinate and implement Client Business Plans to provide clarification on the strategy and size of potential opportunities.
• Develop networks to ensure sales (renewal and new business) targets are met.
• Maximise sales and profitability of energy & Metals products (research and multi-clients).
• Proactively understand the client in order to facilitate research and consultancy opportunities and then work with the Regional Manager to help close the sale.
• Ensure that the relationship is co-ordinated across sales and support, training, research and consultancy.
• Ensure that there is a high level of communication both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Candidates should have a approx 3-5 years experience, preferably in an international business environment, and should have had exposure to a sales or commercial role in this time. Experience of working in the energy sector, and knowledge of the professional research and consultancy services will also be beneficial. The role demands strong relationship management skills; the ability to make senior level presentations, strong negotiation and selling skills as well as a results oriented mindset. Whilst reporting directly to the Middle East Region Manager you must also be able to work autonomously, giving research demonstrations, creating opportunities, developing and closing deals. The person must be comfortable with a high profile both internally and externally.
• Adaptability to the culture of both Wood Mackenzie and our clients
• Results oriented
• Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
• Communication skills
• Team Working
• Flexibility and resourcefulness
Cultural & Language
Cultural alignment to the West African culture and fluency in English is essential.
Local language skills would be advantageous