As a Sales Specialist (EPDS) you will be a part of the Electrification Products Division and Business Unit EP Marketing and Sales based in Federal Capital Territory; Nigeria. You will be responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities. Plan and implement proactive promotional activities for the assigned target audience (consultants, design institutes, engineering/architect offices, authorities etc.) in order to create the market demand and need for the features/products. Build long term customer relationships and identify and develop sales opportunities by introducing, presenting and educating the target audience about ABB products and tools.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
1. Volume and profit: Selling products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
2. Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
3. Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
4. Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
5. Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
6. New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
7. Target: Implementing proactive promotional activities for the customer target group, including e.g. technical presentations, demonstrations, seminars and education material.
8. Plans: Preparing plans for visits and performs regular status reviews, including the analysis and output of the target audience visits.
9. Training: Managing and driving education of the target audience by conducting and organizing appropriate training interventions.
10. Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes, and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
11. Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelorís degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5 yearsí experience in sales or marketing role, preferably in LV products with experience in African countries.
Post-Graduation in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
Excellent command over both written and spoken English is a must. French speaking is a plus.