Secretary to Resident Representative, CMFO – The African Development Bank Field Office in Cameroon (CMFO) has been established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy. CMFO also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Cameroon with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, identification, promotion of participatory approach, and regional integration. CMFO invites applications from qualified candidates to fill in the following vacant position. This is a national position and posting will be in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible of the following:
- Manage the Resident Representative’s calendar and schedule his meetings;
- Make the necessary arrangements for the high level visitors and answer their questions with tact and discretion;
- Prepare briefing materials used by the Resident Representative in his official travels and during special meetings;
- Deal with protocol matters and organize the Resident Representative’s meetings with the authorities of the host country; ensure coordination of official receptions given by the Resident Representative;
- Participate in staff meetings, take minutes and write reports;
- Perform unofficial translations and act as interpreter;
- Coordinate the secretariat services of the Office; assign specific tasks to the other secretaries and verify all correspondence signed by the Resident Representative;
- Advise the other secretaries on working methods;
- Write correspondence that does not address substantive issues and ensure monitoring;
- Manage incoming and outgoing courier, phone calls; keep a proper archiving system;
- Handle the mission reports of the Resident Representative; ensure quality of documents requiring approval and / or signature of the Resident Representative;
- Administer office staff’s personnel records; keep the Resident Representative and the Administrative and Finance team informed by providing relevant information, reports and updates;
- Draft/finalize correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Resident Representative and prepare minutes of meetings;
- Perform other tasks as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
The incumbent must hold :
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or a ‘’Maîtrise’’ in Executive Secretariat or HND or Pitmans or RSA, for candidates who have studied under the Anglophone system.
- An additional qualification in office administration is a competitive advantage.
- He/she must possess a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Secretariat and Administration.
- He/she must have thorough knowledge and use of standard software used in the Bank, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP R/3 will be an advantage.
- He/she must perfectly communicate in French and/or English, with a working knowledge of the other language.
Candidates (s) wishing to apply must be of Cameroonian nationality or nationals of member countries of the Bank residing in Cameroon and, in possession of a regular residence and work permit.
NB : This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.