Hobark International Limited needs Senior Corrosion Engineer in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Manage planning and execution of Corrosion Inspection activities for all JV Field Operation in Offshore and Onshore locations.
- Define/review the Corrosion Management document which describes the organization, responsibilities and accountabilities, tasks, programs, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare/ implement preventive actions for corrosion mitigation i.e. engineering, physical and chemical treatments, cathodic protection, metallic or non-metallic material selection, painting & coating and process modification.
- Perform corrosion studies with the aim of ascertaining or improving the integrity of production facilities.
- Investigate and analyze facility malfunctions vis-à-vis integrity requirements from the stand point of corrosion evolutions and in liaison with the Inspection Engineers, propose solutions to reduce corrosion velocity and prevent repetitions of the problem, and report same to the Inspection Manager.
- Work in liaison with Operation team and/or accredited third party as may be directed by the Inspection Manager to plan, schedule, and execute corrosion surveys/studies, and recommend necessary remedial actions.
- Contribute in defining external resources requirement for the Corrosion Department.
- Feed and update Company databases requiring corrosion expertise input like Fame +.
- Liaise with construction teams to review and recommend corrosion mitigating measures in the early phases of engineering and during the project execution phase.
- Define the scope of work, budget, and planning for corrosion monitoring, cathodic protection, painting and prevention campaigns.
- Prepare corrosion methods, management systems, tools, planning, contracts and cost control of corrosion activities.
- Prepare / implement corrosion monitoring activities, i.e. follow up chemical injection rates, cathodic protection, coupons and corrosion probes, ER probes, chemical analysis, bacterial counts.
- Review corrosion monitoring and inspection results regularly and assess together in view of providing a global evaluation of integrity. In this case, study laboratory and treatment reports in relation to asset inspection and integrity management.
- Propose new chemical treatments or adjustments in the existing ones.
- Prepare and follow cathodic protection monitoring and surveys: scope of work, call for tender, execution follow up, interpretation of results.
- BSc.in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Material & Metallurgy Engineering).
- Higher qualification in Corrosion Engineering (MSc or NACE Snr Corrosion Technologist).
- 15 years experience in corrosion engineer’s functions, preferably in the oil and petrochemical industry, at least 3 of which must be in a general asset inspection management position.
- Excellent communication and negotiation.
- Computer literacy.
- Cathodic Protection and or Coating Inspectors Certification by a recognized body (i.e. BGas / NACE) would be an advantage.