WTS Energy is seeking Senior Drilling Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Drilling Engineering and Well Designs for extended reach (ERD), multi-lateral and horizontal wells in co-ordination with G and G and other relevant departments for Exploration
- Management of exploratory, appraisal, development and workover wells in offshore environment
- Preparation of detailed drilling and work-over programs and procedures
- Champion for End of Well and Project reports,
- Real time monitoring and capture of learning curves for continuous improvement,
- Preparation of Budgets and AFEs
- Rig sizing and casing design optimization,
- Develop SORs for rig, tangibles and services and technical scope of work for tenders
- Develop Risk register with mitigation plans and contingency planning.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
- Extend training and technical support to direct reports
- Perform Contractors management, function including checking and approving of invoices (technically)
- Co-ordinate, review and quality check DDRs and DCEs (Cost),
- Maintain data base and actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
- Minimum of 18 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Senior Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-up and/or deep-water rig) is required
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience using leading well engineering software is important
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification
- Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification