Hobark International Limited Needs Senior Electrical & HVAC Engineer in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Provide technical support to the JV site maintenance teams for Electrical/HVAC equipment, acting as focal technical authority with regard to Electrical/HVAC equipment engineering and providing expert technical advice.
- Lead the troubleshooting of complex or recurring electrical problems, which require analysis and resolution with the help of other departments, vendors or original equipment manufacturer OEM, and recommend sound and cost effective solutions.
- Prepare cause tree failure analysis for equipment breakdown and issue relevant recommendations.
- Administer the planned preventive maintenance program for Electrical/HVAC equipment and ensure that the maintenance tasks undertaken are adequate to prevent unplanned equipment failure.
- Lead and advise the development and planning of Electrical/HVAC equipment modifications and improvement projects, to ensure their safe, cost-effective and timely execution in accordance with established Company standards and specifications.
- Review and control the standardization of materials and spare parts for Electrical/HVAC equipment and related systems.
- Review stock quantities, usage and consumption to minimize the stock value, whilst ensuring that all spare parts are available for routine, defect and shutdown maintenance.
- Assist and advise the Electrical/HVAC Head in the preparation of budgets, contracts, shutdowns, modifications, warranty claims, vendor mobilization and all other support functions necessary for the efficient running of the Electrical/HVAC section.
- Prepare scopes of work for approved work programs ensuring that all relevant operating procedures and safety regulations are written in and that all necessary materials and equipment are available as and when required.
- Treat material requests from Site Maintenance, make quality control on spares to be sent and prepare movement forms for available stocks to ensure proper materials descriptions, nomenclatures etc.
- Monitor and update materials MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) – mini/max, supervised etc. stocks and with the approval of Electrical/HVAC head, add or delete items as necessary.
- Propose/Justify recommendations for the improvement of equipment availability, efficiency and maintainability.
- Formal education: BSc. in Electrical Engineering. (2.1) or its equivalent.
- Professional experience (number of years): 15 years’ experience, preferably with Oil and Petrochemical Industries.
- High level of knowledge, specialized in power generation, PDCS, LV/HV switchgear, LV/HV electrical protection equipment, UPS and HVAC systems.
- Team management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications and methods.
- Proficiency in English language.