FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Senior Finance & Administration Officer, Jigawa for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Senior Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Coordinates logistics for office.
- Will support State Quality Team Leader in operational aspects of office that will help achieve goals and complete tasks.
- Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to projects in finance and operations staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization.
- Provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements.
- Proactively guides and supports respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships.
- Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations.
- Analyzes, budget forecasts, regulatory filings and compiles moderately complex data.
- Interprets, analyzes and/or evaluates data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Evaluates and determines fiscal and operational policy. Determines service impacts and analyzes the regulatory environment to makes recommendations on best practices.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in financial data.
- Applies updated information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding programs, procedures and/or eligibility criteria. Interacts with industry representatives, co-workers and officials to analyze or resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in finance, or other relevant field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant, progressive experience in accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment. Knowledge of DFID grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.