Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Process Implementation: Drive awareness and Implement DPO process on all pillars across all functions; Drive daily management routines in scheduled meetings.
- Develop standard operating practice: Complete Business Description annually for each pillar, identifying critical task, developing SOP’s and identifying and implementing PI’s & Kpi’s to track SOP’s
- Improve quality: Oversees the Warehouse to ensure stock availability and quality as per DPO requirements
- Improve safety and productivity: Oversees the Distribution function to ensure planned volume targets are met in a safe and productive way as per DPO
- Cash/Stock management: Oversees and controls cash management; Daily review and sign-off of Controls Pack (Daily controls, stock controls, Security OB exceptions, etc.); Month end financial stock count performed
- Improve safety: Ensures a safe and healthy working environment to meet required safety and legislative standards.
- Improve efficiencies: Developing a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between Logistics and Sales with clear information about delivery capacity, forecasting, inventory levels, order cut-off time, and sales curve index, min drop size, out of delivery day, SKU prioritization
- Managing cost: Detailed delivery Budget review monthly; Operational KPIs used to address financial challenges.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics or related field
- Minimum of 6-years’ experience including Management, Logistics, Distribution/Warehousing and Finance
Key competencies and attributes:
- Team leadership
- Management skills (plan, organise, lead, control).
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical ability