MTN Nigeria needs Senior Manager, Information Management. See details of the offer below:
- To Establish Information Management Architecture And Systems To Meet The Reporting Needs For All The MTN Business Units And Through The Creation Of A Single Enterprise Data Warehouse Application System.
- To Provide Overall Direction In The Design, Development, Implementation And Maintenance Of A Large-Scale Data Warehouse, Business Analytics And Business Intelligence Solutions To Meet MTN’s Strategic Information Management And Decision Supporting Systems.
- To Deliver A Wide Range Of Reporting Requests On A Regular Basis, Within Defined SLAs To The Expected Level Of Accuracy And Quality.
- To Ensure Delivery Of Required Information From The Data Warehouse, Using Wide Range Of Available Tools, To Requests As And When Required.
- Engage And Manage Supporting Vendors Effectively To Achieve Optimal Service And Value.
- Regular Engagement With Key Stakeholders Across The Organization To Ensure Continued Understanding And Reporting Evolution To Support The Evolving Business Needs.
- Support The Shareholder Return Strategy By Developing And Implementing The Division’s Processes That Are Aligned To Achieving All Elements On The Business Score Card. (I.E. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA Margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management And Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate In The Review Of Business Processes (Headcount, Process Optimisation Etc), To Drive Efficiency Gains To Ensure At Least 5% Reduction In Divisional Budget Year-On-Year.
- Participate In Contract Negotiations To Reduce Cost And Drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Provide The Daily, Weekly And Monthly Reporting Accurately And Timely For Effective Revenue Reporting
- Serve MTNN’s Internal Customers And Provide Solutions To Improve The Customer Experience.
- Drive An Increase In MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships With MTNN Leadership Team To Drive Awareness On Expected Behaviours And Impact On Non-Compliance On Bottom Line Results And Company Image/Reputation.
- Drive Planned Strategy For The Successful Delivery Of MTN Group And MTNN Transformation Initiatives Focusing On Customer Centricity, Including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network And Build Solid Relationships With Internal Units And Relevant Third Parties (E.G. Strategic Investors, Technical And Finance Partners, Business Consultants Etc.) And Develop A Close Working Relationship With Relevant Information Sources To Provide An Integrated Service.
- Partner With MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners To Deliver Business Value.
- Collaborate With Other Business Units In The Development Of Business Models For Use In MTNN And Develop Measurement Strategies To Support Ongoing Strategy Development And Project Optimization.
- Oversee The Design, Development, And Implementation Of Efficient And Effective Information Management Solutions To Complex Business Requirements In A Global Environment
- Define And Develop Enterprise Data Warehouse Applications Based On Business, Technical And System Strategies
- Develop Solutions To Support Business, Technical And System Strategy
- Develop Processes And Procedures To Manage The Environment
- Participate In The Selection & Selection Of Suitable Technologies
- Manage Contracts With Suppliers/Vendors
- Ensure That Operational Delivery Of System Outputs Are Met
- Develop Projects In Line With SDLC Process
- Ensure Availability And Reliability Of Systems
- Develop Information Systems Business Continuity Solutions
- Participate Actively In Various Information Systems Projects, E.G.:
- Collateral Projects
- Information Systems Disaster Recovery Project
- Develop Strategy And Implementation For Enterprise Analytics
- Strategize On Business Intelligence Needs & Solutions For The Enterprise
- Develop Risk And Business Management Processes Within Business Intelligence Platforms
- Recruit Appropriate Staff And Manage Vendor Relationships
- Define, Execute And Monitor The Business Intelligence Operational Procedures
- Oversee The Expansion Of Business Intelligence Platforms To Include Future Business Requirements
- Improve Process & Monitor Compliance To SLAs And KPIs In The Following Areas:
- IS Support Processes
- Systems Integration
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Application Construction
- Application Architecture
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Coach And Train Team Members To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
- Identify Training And Development Needs And Manage Skills Enhancement Programs For The IS Information Management Team To Address Knowledge Gaps And Enrich Knowledge Repository Within The Department.
- Review The Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training Education:
- Bachelor Of Science Degree In Computer Science Or Any Other Related Discipline.
- An IT Related Professional Qualification Will Be An Added Advantage
10 Years’ Relevant IT Experience Of Which:
- Manager Track Record Of 5 Years Or More; With At Least 3 Years In Relevant Sector/ Industry
- Worked Across Diverse Cultures And Geographies Advantageous
- Experience Of Big Data Concepts And Related Technologies
- 5 Years’ Experience In
- Development And Delivery Of Large Data Warehouses (Using ETL Tools, Business Intelligence Product Suite)
- Relational Database
- Major Systems Project With Customized Applications
- 3 Years Hands-On Technical Project Leadership In The Following:
- Managing Teams Of 3-8 Developers
- Managerial Capacity
- Knowledge Of Conceptual Data Warehouse / Data Mart
- Exposure To Typical Mobile Telecommunications Applications
- Knowledge Of Service Management Principles.
- Implementation And Ongoing Support Of Large Data Warehouses
- Operating Systems:
- Unix – Sun Solaris And True64, MS W2000, Linux
- Application Development And Maintenance Functions:
- PL/SQL And Standard SQL
- MIS/EIS/EDW/ BI Development Tools
- Reporting Infrastructure – Data Modeling
- ETL Tools
- ODS Construction And Reporting
- Metadata Tools
- User Access Tools – Business Object Preferred
- EDW Data Modeling Experience: Star Schemas, Relational Modeling, Snowflake Models And Translating Logical Data Models Into Physical Data Marts
BEng, BSc, BTech Or HND