IHS Holding Limited needs Senior Manager-Field Control and Network Services in Nigeria.
This role combines deep technical expertise with broad cross-functional business acumen to lead a group of highly skilled engineers (Senior Technical Audit Experts and Technical Audit Experts) who are responsible for providing independent visibility and assessment of network sites’ status and performance. The role is also responsible for unit-level resource planning and budgeting.
- Provide leadership and direction to Senior Technical Audit Experts (STAEs) and Technical Audit Experts (TAEs) with regards to routine and non-routine schedules, report evaluation/ analysis, policies, processes, and work procedures.
- Provide second line expert support and interventions to Network operations field teams to drive down repetitive failures
- Ensure execution of technical audits on operational sites to identify, report, and resolve active and passive faults.
- Drive network performance improvement in collaboration with Network Operations, key customers, and customers’ active infrastructure vendors.
- Develop roadmap and long-term plan for the team – site audit, territorial uplift, and network performance.
- Manage report evaluations and analyses on all audited/ retrofitted sites within the IHS portfolio.
- Trigger schedules for diesel allocation review across affected sites to eliminate waste.
- Promote and role-model compliance with IHS policies and procedures within the STAE & TAE workforce.
- Ensure optimal performance of all human and material resources to reinforce customer trust and revenue assurance.
- Manage customers’ engagement partners to build and sustain active collaboration and service excellence.
- Ensures continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency and optimal service delivery to customers.
- Develop and sustain a knowledge transfer program within the team.
- Lead continuous search for improved alternatives to boost service delivery and efficiency to customers, including proper load dimensioning/ authentication per customer.
- Design and execute special projects for performance improvement initiatives.
- Ensure prompt project deliverables within the Project team workforce for service improvement initiatives and interventions.
Team Development & Leadership‘
- Ensure proficient resource planning and optimization within the unit.
- Identify training needs of STAEs and TAEs to foster effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate and appraise performance of STAEs and TAEs
- Manage all issues related to second-level site performance.
- Develop and guide implementation of the unit’s strategies.
- Active collaboration and partnership with customers assigned technical teams
- General Duties
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Prepare and submit reports as required to line Director.
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative work relationships with all Heads of Department (HODs) within IHS portfolio.
- Provide inputs for budgeting and control.
- Manage issues that may interfere with completion of projects and tasks allocated to the team, including but not limited to: communal unrest, security and movement restrictions, crime-vandalism & theft, regulatory concerns, strike actions, and fraud.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line Director.
- Network KPIs measurement and analysis
- Technical site auditing
- Quality Assurance/ Quality Control
- Report Evaluation & Analysis
- Advanced Active Systems expertise – Radio, Tx
- Passive Infrastructure Expertise – Power Systems & Equipment ( including measurement and dimensioning), Cooling, AC & DC environs
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for operational management
- Operational health & safety management
- Project management
- Strong presentation & reporting skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking
- Effective people management & team leadership
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of HIS
- Flexible and able to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Masters in Telecommunications or professional certification in Project Management, e.g. PMP or Prince2, will be an asset.
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in the telecoms industry with demonstrable network operations and technical audit experience.
- 6-8 years’ management experience in a towerco or telco environment with strong demonstrable technical skills in active and passive network elements in Network Operations.
- 5 years’ in Network Quality Assurance in a telco environment.
- 8 years’ experience in vendor management
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role. Advert closes on Friday, June 22, 2018