CAMRIS International, a member of The Partners for Global Research and Development Group, seeks a qualified Senior M&E/Deputy Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming multi-year USAID-funded contract for conducting Mission wide monitoring and evaluation services in Nigeria. The purpose of the contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services to improve development effectiveness. The intention is to enhance the Mission’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting.
The Senior M&E/Deputy Chief of Party will directly support the Chief of Party in providing technical leadership, and effective implementation of all activities. Duties will include:
- Oversee and guide performance and impact evaluations, assessments, and performance monitoring activities.
- Support all monitoring and evaluation capacity building activities.
- Assist in quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume full responsibility for the project.
- Coordinate and manage all field operations including technical and operational aspects of the project.
- Manage relationship with consultants, contractors, donors and government agencies.
- Assist the Mission in establishing performance measures, collection and analysis of performance information, and will plan and manage evaluations, participate on evaluation teams as a qualitative researcher, design programs and conduct activities to build Mission and Implementing Partner capacity in M&E methodology, and assist Mission Management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, economics, knowledge management or related
- Progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts in the areas of Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic Growth, Education and/or agricultural
- Excellent team work, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.