DevTech is seeking a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for Systems to lead the implementation of and improve the PRS/Monitor requirements for the Mission, its implementing partners, and with GON reporting requirements. The MEL Activity has conducted a comprehensive needs assessment of Mission reporting requirements, needs and preferences for continual improvements to the reporting application and developed a work plan to address those needs. The Senior MEL Specialist for Systems will collaborate with a team of application developers and MEL’s M&E Specialists to ensure timely execution of deliverables in accordance with the approved work plan, and ensure that Mission feedback is appropriately communicated to the development team and integrated into a revised work plan and budget. S/he will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the PRS and its data collection, reporting and analysis meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, to include all USAID M&E-related reporting requirements. Additionally, the Senior MEL Specialist for Systems will provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results which will be a core aspect of the Mission’s Collaboration, Learning and Adapting component. (S)/he will build capacity in these areas of responsibility in the Mission and its implementing partners.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect feedback from USAID/Nigeria’s five technical teams on the functionality of the tool and ensure that communication is efficiently delivered to the team of developers, the work plan is adjusted, and an updated timeline is provided to the MEL team and USAID/Nigeria
- Ensure data in PRS/Monitor are up-to-date, accurate and reliable; update as necessary with changes in indicators and feedback from the technical teams and IPs
- Support the technical teams with data cleaning, data validation, data analysis, and data visualizations during Portfolio Reviews, Performance and Plan Reporting, mid-course stocktaking for the new CDCS, and other reporting needs using the PRS/Monitor platform
- Conduct training for IPs and Mission staff on data entry, data analysis, data visualizations, and how to maximize the functionality of the platform
- Troubleshoot and provide hotline support; maintain Service Log to document any interactions with USAID and IPs to ensure all requests are addressed immediately or followed-up in a timely manner
- Gain familiarity with the system/platform, the IPs, and the data in the system to anticipate challenges and propose creative, efficient and effective solutions before they occur
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, health, or a related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of professional experience in developing and implementing M&E systems across USAID/Nigeria’s portfolio: health, economic growth, HIV/TB, democracy and governance, and/or education
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities from a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and visualize time series indicator performance data
- Strong leadership and organizational skills to track challenges
- Strong initiative to anticipate and solve problems before they occur
- Prior work experience with USAID and/or development partners in systems development or IT
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring and reporting requirements
On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.