Hobark International Limited needs Senior Plc Engineer in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Schedule and carry out Bi-monthly PM’s on all sites, perform extraction and analysis of all Site operational alarms.
- Completion of all Site Modificatiom Request (SMR) activities related to PLC packages.
- Ensure all PLC modification register on all sites are up to date.
- Perform catography of all PLC Package equipment and submit to Head of Instrumentation/ICSS for validation
- Ensure all documentation (backup plan, disaster recovery, anti-virus/patch update plan) are intact and up to date.
- Obsolescence management and regular review of Long term upgrade plans.
- Implement cybersecurity requirements as directed by Head of Instrumentation/ICSS.
- Organize annual audit and participate in Risk assessment review when required.
- Development and input of all planned maintenance activities in the COMPANY’s Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – UNISUP.
- Management and follow-up of all PLC package jobs being done by a third party contractor.
- Provision of technical support, failure analyses and specialist engineering services.
- Implementation, testing and commissioning of any approved modifications.
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance team and act as the focal point for PLC matters. Provide expert technical reports to the Head of Instrumentation/ ICSS, Head of Site Maintenance and other departments.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of minor modifications and improvement projects, to ensure their safe, cost-effective and timely execution in accordance with established Company standards and specifications.
- Review and control the standardization of materials and spare parts for equipment and related systems. Review stock quantities, usage and consumption to minimize the stock value, whilst ensuring that all spare parts are available for routine, defect and shutdown maintenance.
- Preparation (spare parts, manpower, tools, and procedures) of levels 3 to 5 maintenance intervention applicable to PLC units, and other automation packages which are integrated with the ICSS systems.
- Regular review of reliability and maintainability of existing systems, implementation of upgrades and retrofits to address obsolescence.
- Supervise the execution of specific maintenance contracts applicable to Package systems and ensure the optimal usage of contracted resources towards achieving 100% availability.
- Liaise with vendors and the original equipment manufacturers for all queries regarding maintenance modifications, spare parts, drawings and the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure that all drawings, plans, manual are up-to-date and “as built”, and direct draftsmen to carry out all corrections to reflect any alterations, modifications and additions to electrical equipment systems.
- Review and check work completed by contractors and site teams, ensure compliance with work satisfactorily completed, make necessary corrections, and submit to the Head of Instrumentation/ ICSS for endorsement and payment processing.
- Formal education: B.SC. Instrument and DCS Engineering or Electronics and Electrical Engineering (2.1).
- Professional experience: 15 years experience with industrial discipline, specifically with the oil or petrochemical industries.
- Personnel would be properly skilled and trained with in-depth knowledge in PLC Ladder Logic programming.
- Personnel would be properly skilled and trained with in-depth knowledge in Allen Bradley PLC’s, SIEMENS and SCHNEIDER PLC’s.