General Electric GE needs Senior Systems Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
Role Summary:The Senior Systems Test Engineer will be required to drive co-ordination of project testing execution. The position shall take domain ownership of all associated engineering activities outlined below and secure full and best in class delivery to this important function.
- Project test lead – responsible for verification of customer requirements, and validation of testing activities. Including physical testing where necessary.
- Will be responsible for generating testing plans and philosophies in order to meet contractual needs.
- Lead testing best practice activities and drive for continual improvement of project testing activities particularly surrounding efficiency, cost and duration of testing.
- Contribute as requested to regularly scheduled reviews that track progress and spending by team, highlight and resolve trending issues pan-project as and when required.
- Issue and oversee manpower demands for testing activities related to the schedule.
- Lead systems engineering process improvements and champion best practice to projects where possible.
- Work closely with the engineering resource managers to ensure the required resource profile is available for the business needs (including participation within the recruitment process)
- Ability to travel to supervise testing activities as and when required.
- Provides consultancy advice to the bids, as and when required
- Ability to work remotely and unsupervised for reasonable periods of time.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization and project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Executive level presentation skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working