UNDP Abuja looking to employ two senior technical advisor.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast tract, it implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed. The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs. This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans. Given the national and State level peculiarities, the recruited Staff member will help facilitate the localization of the SDGs at the tiers of government and its subsequent mainstreaming into the plans in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities states in section III below. The overriding purpose is therefore to strengthen the technical leadership for SDGs implementation and coordination at both the State and federal levels through the office of SSAP- SDGs in Abuja, Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares annual work plans for the SDGs Office
- Coordinates quarterly reporting to the Presidential Committee on the Assessment and Monitoring of the SDGs in Nigeria
- Support and Supervises the Technical Assistants to the SSAP-SDGs, Drafts policy documents, presentations, statements, speeches
- Coordinates the entire international cooperation framework of the SDGs office, liaises with line MDAs, the NBS and other relevant stakeholders to collate, analyze and disseminate data
- Liaises with the MBNP to ensure the integration of the SDGs into the National Development Plan, MTSS, Medium Term Expenditure Framework
- Coordinates the budget preparation process to ensure the DRGs are appropriated as agreed with the Paris Club
- Advises the Head of Unit of OSSAP-SDGs on how to improve efficiency in the efforts to attain the SDGs Competencies
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities and Development, MBBS/Master of Public Health. Doctorate is and added advantage.
- 5 years of professional experience in development practice and management, public health economics and management
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- Language Requirements:Good written and oral communication skills in English Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Computer literacy skills
- Proficient in use of statistical packages for analysis