FHI 360 is looking for Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation to join our team in Damaturu, Nigeria.
The Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation will provide technical and operations support to capture program intervention activities and results, ensure high quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design benchmarking standards for quality monitoring and accountability measures; and train staff upon roll out
- Support a data quality improvement and information management initiative across the region
- Ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards and the FHI 360 integrated approach
- Work with M&E staff in each site to ensure that performance information is collected in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities
- Monitor and maintains protocols, data collection instruments, data sets and manuals
- Manage, train and mentor M&E team of local staff working in field sites and ensure high quality data collection
- Ensure M&E indicators in database match donor reporting requirements and highlight program successes and impact
- Proactively identify key program and themes areas for evaluation and analysis
- Ensure program feedback loop so external findings results in improve quality of project management and implementation
- In coordination with State Coordinator, develop project implementation plans with strong monitoring and reporting components
- Provide written contributions to weekly, quarterly and annual reports as needed
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics and complaints mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience in training on M&E systems and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience remote managing and training staff.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or related Field. 7-9 years’ experience in M&E activities for initiatives in humanitarian contexts.
- Or Master’s Degree required – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or related Field. 5-7 years’ experience in M&E activities for initiatives in humanitarian contexts.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.