FHI 360 Abuja is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer (RMNCH)
With the Associate Director, the Senior Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on providing programmatic and technical support for reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH).
- With the Associate Director, coordinate the implementation of components related to RMNCH in FHI 360 Nigeria’s programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to RMNCH
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in RMNCH for FHI 360 Nigeria programs.
- Work with technical staff at the state offices and other relevant FHI 360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to RMNCH and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Support the strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Provide programmatic assistance to local partners in programming RMNCH activities.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RMNCH and related developments by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RMNCH programmes in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of a fellowship in Obstetrics/Gynaecology or Paediatrics or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria
- Clinical management, research and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the RMNCH.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.