IHS Holding Limited needs Senior Tools Administrator in Nigeria.
To ensure that all Network Surveillance Tools and Systems in the Network Operations Center function optimally on a 24 x 7 basis, manage a team of two administrators located in Abuja and Lagos NOC and to provide a seamless use experience to all end users of such tools & systems.
- Drawing up a schedule for daily, weekly & monthly housekeeping tasks (user management, file system management, database management, template management, script management etc.), ensuring that the schedule is followed through and reporting the same to senior management.
- Ensuring that all system backups are taken as per schedule and any upgrades that are required do not hamper normal usage of the tools by end-users.
- Ensuring all changes to tools & systems follow IHS Change Policy & Procedures and are document properly.
- Ensuring that connectivity checks for all the NOC tools are performed on time and as per pre-agreed schedule, recording the same in maintenance database and providing reports to management on demand.
- Keeping an open channel for communication with all end-users for reporting of degraded services as and when they occur and provide prompt support for resolution of faults on the tools.
- Keep track of all escalated / identified issues by means of constant engagement with regional tool admins, take ownership of all such issues and seeing these through to resolution.
- Ensuring that all escalated issues are properly updated into a central knowledge base system with correct RCA and descriptive resolutions procedure.
- Prepare simple, easy to understand notes / articles for end-users for efficient usage of all tools and systems, file these properly into the knowledge base system and ensuring that these are readily available for use.
- Ensuring service continuity at all times and all levels by following established change management processes.
- Preparing high level reports on tools performance, issues reported or identified, progress update on resolution of issues etc. and sharing the same with senior management as per requirement or pre-defined schedules.
- Maintain good working relationship with the tools vendors & contractors, measure their performance, coordinate their activities and provide reporting to the management on the same.
- Provide leadership on innovation to his team in the areas of automation of NOC reporting tools, extraction and analysis of data etc, encourage out-of-the-box thinking and testing simple automated solution to reduce repetitive manual work.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- 4 years Hands On experience in Technical Support or similar role
- 2 Years in Supervisory within NOC/ISP or IT environment.
- SLA Management
- Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure, Oracle and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network
- Operations Center
- Scripting on various Monitoring Applications
- OSS, iManager, Netnumen, ACC, Telemetry, SUN Systems connectivity, interfaces and Protocol
- Data Management and Reporting
- Business Object Application
- ITIL Manager
- Written and Spoken Communication Skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes June 21, 2018