Senior Training Instructor AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria and Ghana offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join its Process Management Division.
Position:SENIOR TRAINING INSTRUCTOR
Area:Process Management (control sytems and instrumentation)
Years of experience:4yrs – 8yr
The Instructor will be responsible for delivering among others, Emerson PSS DeltaV courses by doing the following:
- Prepare Proposals and Schedules/Agenda for customer training including end users having DeltaV automation systems, conducting classes on various courses comprising of installation, programming, maintenance, security etc. on DeltaV system.
- Provide Training to the Internal Staff from Projects & Services.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills; Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle. Ensure the training Hardware & Software setup is up-to-date; Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, Emerson Education services guide-lines, and Quality Management System.
- Enter and update the training details on Emerson Education Services Website.
- Submit attendance sheets to service dept. for raising Invoice.
- Ensure that the trainees fill-up online feedback regarding the course conducted.
- Liaise with administration and Logistics for making the arrangements before and during the training program.
- Renewal of Training agreement with Emerson every year;
- Renewal of Instructor certification from Emerson every year.
- Update Quality records regularly.
- Engineering degree in Automation/Instrumentation /Electrical.
- Must have vast knowledge in Emerson DeltaV and other products
- Must be certified by Emerson as DeltaV instructor or able to attain this certification quickly
- Thorough Knowledge of Automation and Safety systems in Maintenance, Configuration and Programming.
- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, learns new programs quickly.
- Experience in Field Bus Interfaces/communications etc. in Field Instrumentation in the process plant.
The ideal candidate should have experience in training delivery or equivalent combination of education / experience in automation systems maintenance and programming. Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, have good listening skills, recognize problems and suggest workarounds to the issues raised by the students. Be able to manage mature students.