Dangote Cement Plc actively seeking Senior Transport Manager.
Project Description :
In the role of Senior Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing the transportation department or unit. Hires, trains, and supervises employees and manages scheduling of trucks.
Job Responsibilities :
- Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Establish quality transportation services.
- Develop partnerships with self- collection customers.
- Plan and implement budgets.
- Supervise scheduling of truck movement.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies :
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics.
- Master’s degree with specialization in Transport and Logistics.
- Minimum of 25 years of related experience with at least 15 years specific experience in transport.
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation
- Strong understanding of current transport system, concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills