Microsoft needs Services Delivery Manager in Nigeria.
Are you a leader seeking to expand your international experience? Do you want to own and manage a business? Are you an experienced people and supplier leader ready to coach, develop, and achieve results through other leaders and managers? Do you enjoy strategic planning and owning and managing the operational implementation of the plan? And do you want to make real impact in a very critical business for Microsoft’s success in the cloud? If the answer is YES, then come and help build the best in class technical support organization as a Service Delivery Manager (SDM) for Customer Service and Support (CSS) in our Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) group!
The C+E Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all the activities related to launching a new site in Nigeria, including project management, stakeholder communications and overseeing the implementation of education and recruitment programs defined in partnership with local Universities and Microsoft Partners.
- Coordinate communications efforts related to this initiative across C+E and CSS.
- Orchestrate other activities required to set up a new site in a new country such as legal, tax, HR, Infrastructure and Readiness
- Be a local point of contact for our Outsourcing partner to support them in their process to ramp up the site.
- Once the site is launched, as an SDM you will co-manage the vendor relationship with our support outsourcing vendors located across the globe, responsible for the delivery of technical support for our C+E businesses. With the outsourcing partner, the Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the overall business results of a team composed of Support Engineers, Technical Leads, Technical Support Leads, and Managers who provide phone and web based technical support for the CSS business.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in business development, marketing and program management role. He or she must also have the ability for a great degree of cross-group collaboration, leadership by influence, confidence, and great interpersonal awareness. Ideally he or she possesses an understanding of the legal requirements of managing vendor relationships. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze business trends, plan and budget initiatives, organize teams for success, and motivate teams and individuals while managing remotely.
- Communication: Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate and internal customers via telephone, email, or other electronic means, regarding technically complex issues with Microsoft software products. Be able to logically and accurate communicate to various levels (Engineers to Business Owner and Executive). Lead and recovery situations with customers.
- Project Management: ability to coordinate activities across multiple stakeholders to achieve project milestones
- Customer focus: Ability to put customer first, lead and prioritize work to deliver great customer experiences. Maintains focus on the customer experience when balancing short- and long-term decisions.
- Collaboration: Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities
- Influence for impact: Listens for the priorities and concerns of others, and acknowledges differing perspectives.
- Adaptability: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions; shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
- Judgment: Scopes problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Creative Problem Solving: Solves abstract problems by considering the environment and applying original thought.
- Drive for results: Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion.
- Education: A BS or MS degree in Business or Scientific discipline
- Language: Strong verbal and written English language skills requied.