General Electric GE is recruiting SIT Fitter in Nigeria.
The SIT Fitter will undertake the Assembly and FAT/EFAT/SIT Testing requirements on Sub-Sea Production equipment and where authorised, undertake limited repair GE Subsea Products together with ancillary equipment according to company and client procedures. Ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
Assemble and Test products in accordance with applicable Drawings and Engineering Part Specifications and any specific Assembly Procedures as per below. Utilise Support Equipment such as Torque Equipment, Lift Caps, Hydraulic Skids, Pressure Testing Bunkers and Support Infrastructure, Test Stumps, DHPT Testing Meters and URT Tooling to undertake:
- Undertake Assembly/Test of XMT Sub Assemblies
- Undertake Assembly/Test of XMT Tubing Hangers
- Undertake Assembly/Test of MVB
- Undertake Unitisation of XMT Assembly
- Undertake Schematic Fitment and Line Testing
- Undertake Completions on XMT
- Undertake FAT of XMT
- Undertake EFAT/SIT of XMT
- Deliver Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner giving due care and diligence with Colleagues and in the work place.
- Educational Requirements and /or Equivalent Experience in Mechanical Engineering Discipline.Engineering Hand Skills:
- Using and Understanding Engineering Assembly Documentation, Bill of Materials and Drawings
- Using and understanding Engineering Measurement equipment: Vernier’s/Micrometres
- Assembly Activities
- Testing Equipment in both a Hydrostatic and Gas Testing Environment
- Lifting Operations
- Manual Handling
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Good Time Keeping
- Proactive & Positive attitude to EHS & Quality
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills
- PC skills to include: E-mail; Excel, Word.
- Possess initiative & ability to work by themselves and as part of a team
- Good level of comprehension in written and oral English