MTN Nigeria needs Supervisor Logistics Operations. See details of the offer below:
- Supervisor, Logistics Is Part Of The Warehouse, Inventory & Logistics Department And Responsible For Logistics Management Processes At The Opco.
- The Logistics Management Processes Cover All Aspects Of Warehousing And Transportation Requirements (For Both Trading Stock As Well As Assets) Including Planning & Managing Deliveries, Management Of Inventory Returned From Site/Customers Including Receipt, Repair / Replacement By Supplier Or Declared As Scrap And Disposal.
- Support The Shareholder Return Strategy By Developing And Implementing Sales & Distribution Processes That Are Aligned To Achieving All Elements On The Business Score Card. (I.E. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA Margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management And Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate In The Review Of Business Processes (Headcount, Process Optimization, Etc.), To Drive Efficiency Gains To Ensure At Least 5% Reduction In Divisional Budget Year-On-Year.
- Assist Department In Conducting Demand Planning, Develop Budgets For The Upcoming Year And Implement Plans To Achieve The Desired Targets.
- Ability To Analyze And Consider Critical Parameters (I.E. Cost, Safety, Carrier Availability, Etc.) Before Finalizing Transport Vendor
- Supervise The Activities Performed By Administrator, Logistics For Inbound And Outbound Transportation And Operations, Along With Landed Costs And Reverse Logistics
- Submit Collated Final Exchange Control Documentation (FECD) And Cover Letter To Opening Bank & Treasury Unit
- Plan For The Logistics In Case Of Dispatch Of Materials, Stock Transfers, Returns And Receipt Of Materials And Ensure The Cost Effective Transportation Of Materials
- Serve The Division’s Internal Customers And Provide Solutions To Improve The Customer Experience.
- Strategic Partnerships With MTNN Leadership Team To Drive Awareness On Expected Behavior’s And Impact On Non-Compliance On Bottom Line Results And Company Image/Reputation.
- Network And Build Solid Relationships With Internal Units And Relevant Third Parties (E.G. Strategic Investors, Technical And Finance Partners, Business Consultants Etc.) And Develop A Close Working Relationship With Relevant Information Sources To Provide An Integrated Service.
- Maintain Effective Working Relationships With Internal And External Suppliers.
- Coordinate, Coach And Influence External Partners And Essential Support Departments Across MTNN’s Business Units To Deliver A Seamless Pre-Sales And Post-Sales Service Experience.
- Attend To All Queries From The Stakeholders/Suppliers/ Logistics Service Provider (LSP) And Resolve Queries
- Generate And Analyze The Required Reports For Inbound Transportation And Share The Results With The Relevant Stakeholders
- Notify All Stakeholders With Shipment Arrival Date By Means Of Inbound Delivery Report
- Supervise Individual Team Members Performance
- Allocate Daily Work To Team Members And Ensure Appropriate Planning For Back-Up And Leave/Absenteeism
- Ensure Cohesive Working
- Accountable For Meeting And Prioritizing Own Targets/Deadlines And Those Of Direct Reports
- Provide Information To The Manager On Work Accomplishments, Individual/Team Challenges
- Lead Team Meetings And Contribute On Specialist/ Technical Areas
- Review Performance Metric Dashboards Prepared On Various Performance Metrics And Provide Inputs To The Manager
- Timely Notification Of Escalations To The Manager
- Resolve Escalations As Per Defined Escalation/Resolution Procedures
- Participate And Provide Inputs In Project Status Meetings
- Propose Operational Changes And Provide Associated User Impact Assessment
- Ensure Effective Execution Of Day To Day Operations At The Opco And Resolve Operational Issues
- Improve Productivity And Quality Through Leading Practice Initiatives
- Liaise With Center Of Excellence (CoE) For Transport Supplier Agreement And Freight Requirements
- Plan Shipment And Inform Transport Supplier For Pickup
- Generate Required Reports For Inbound/Outbound Transportation And Submit To Authorized Personnel
- Coordinate With The Logistics Service Provider For The Transport And Track The Status Of The Shipment
- Prepare / Collate And Verify All Mandatory Documents Required For The Shipment- Clearance From Customs And Suppliers, As Required
- Coordinate Logistical Activities And Release Of Material From Bonded Warehouse
- Liaise With Treasury And Suppliers For Forex, Letter Of Credit (LC) Application Form And Marine Insurance Certificate , As Per Requirements
- Responsible For Update To Shipping Register
- Collect Copy Of Risk Assessment Report (RAR) From Risk Assessment Company
- Calculate And Process Duty Payment And Obtain The Receipt. Resolve Queries On Duty Payment From The Customs Authority, After Obtaining Legal Inputs If Required.
- Liaise With Clearing Agent For Clearing And Delivery Of Imports As Per Agreed Turnaround Times In Order To Prevent Demurrage
- Responsible For The Update Of Landed Costs
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Coach And Train The Team To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
- Review Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
- Identify Training Requirements Of Team Members, Develop Program To Address Knowledge Gaps And Implement Training Interventions For Retail Participants To Ensure Adequate Knowledge Of MTNN Products.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions.
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree In Engineering Or Supply Chain Management Or Finance Or Any Related Discipline.
- Fluent In English.
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialization, With Experience In Supervising/Managing Others.
- Experience Working In A Medium To Large Organization
- Knowledge Of The Process Of Receipt And Movement Of Materials Within Warehouse
- Knowledge Of The Process Of Inventory Management.
BTech, BEng, BSc Or HND