- Management of Procurement that relates to Corporate Services which is non-IT or Non-Property related (Includes but not limited to stationery & printing needs, Logistics, Transport, Professional Services, secured services, courier, office equipment, marketing and advertising etc)
- The Category Manager, will work within the Nigeria Supply Chain Management team to manage the spend and contracts associated to Corporate Services within the country.
- Accountable for the execution and delivery of SCM objectives, strategies and supply chain cost reduction targets for the Corporate services category for Nigeria
- Assist in assuring that the procurement policy is adhered to within all business units in the country.
- Support for the overall supplier risk mitigation programs related to the category in the country
- Representing SCM to appropriate business stakeholders.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with Corporate Services stakeholders and SCM global category managers
- Country managers
- In-country SCM staff
- Country Finance units
- Business units
- Group SCM
- Support Functions
- Regulating Authorities
- Service providers
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Negotiation with suppliers to ensure that the Commercial terms of all contract agreements bank wide have adequately covered the bank’s interest and are in line with Group policy.
- To ensure the bank gets value for money in all contracts and sourcing agreements.
- Vendor Identification, pre-qualification, selection and contracting
- To manage and attend to all sourcing and purchasing requests to ensure that service providers efficiently deliver to specifications and in line with policies
- To support the business in establishing reasonable consumption levels, querying abnormal patterns to ensure costs are managed properly.
- Vendor identification, selection and rationalization
- Negotiating with external vendors
- Developing and nurturing good relationships with vendors.
- Market survey and intelligence
- Design and provide necessary reports in support of GS strategy
- To undertake value add audits for all service providers
- To prepare the operational risk reports as required
- Ensure timely maintenance of Bank’s assets other than premises/premises equipment
- Prompt response to repair request Cost allocation of purchase requests to ensure proper capture of costs by cost centres
- Arrange all procurement of relevant fixed assets, excluding property
- Implement tendering processes for all procurement needs per policy
- Developing strategy to meet the bank channels targets
- Any other task assigned by the Line manager
- Feedback from senior stakeholders
- Team engagement level
- Meets or exceeds annual category cost reduction save plans
- Engages effectively with Country and Regional heads to ensure Global sourcing objectives are achieved.
- Successful audit outcomes
Qualifications and Skills
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Supply chain management or any other related area with over 4 years experience
- Experience in sourcing, operations and supply chain best practices as an individual contributor.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with tight lead times
- Strong commercial knowledge with an ability to think strategically
- In depth understanding of Corporate Services categories with particular emphasis on the corporate services sub categories (i.e. marketing, legal, professional services etc.), particularly as they pertain to the banking industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team and the Bank in formulating strategies involving sourcing and suppliers to deliver business value
- Ability to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders
- High risk awareness
- Demonstration of high ability/ creativity in cost management strategies
- Good report writing and presentation.
- Conversant with MS office applications, Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint .
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.