RusselSmith Group Shops Talent & Performance Management Officer in Nigeria to carry out the following responsibilities.
Summary of Functions:
• Performance Evaluation- Drive the performance appraisal system. Follow up with Managers and Departmental Head for completing the performance appraisal on time.
• Coordinates and assists manager with employee reviews and performance appraisals.
• Lead the Performance Development Review Process and work with key staff in all facets relating to performance management (taking the workforce from “good” to “great”)
• Build effective relationships with management and staff fostering the creation of a high performance culture throughout the company
• Ensuring the effective implementation of staff performance management system including handling of poor performers
• Prepare implementation/roll out plan for all Performance Development Reviews required across the business & associated time frames/action plan (bi-annual process)
• Define appropriate metrics to measure, analyze, and report on the overall performance of the Identified Talents
• Participate in the development of strategic plans and activities designed to enhance RusselSmith’s ability to attract and hire qualified candidates, as well as the performance management and training activities to aide in their retention and development required throughout the employee lifecycle
• Provide strategic oversight of the total rewards philosophy and the design, development and maintenance of the company’s compensation and benefits programs in support of the goals to retain and motivate employees
• Carry out duties and responsibilities with regard to the management, development and collation of employee(s) Performance Information.
• Implement and maintain monitoring systems for all employee’s performance indicators, targets and standards.
• To maintain the Department’s performance database, by collating, inputting, processing and retrieving information and data, and to provide regular reports.
• In conjunction with the line managers/H.O.Ds develop performance strategies to ensure employees deliver continuous improvement.
• Assist in the organization and delivery of training events for employees on performance and service improvement related issues.
• Contribute towards the efficient and effective communication of performance issues to all departmental head including developing Performance Newsletter/communiqué to boost morale.
• Research Performance, service improvement and associated issues internally and externally and be aware of developments affecting the work of employees.
• Manage, influence and motivate staff associated with performance issues. Respond to requests and queries from employees in a helpful and constructive manner.
• Devise and implement policies and strategies for the development of employee performance matters.
• Devise and implement policies and strategies for the development, implementation and monitoring of service delivery performance standards.
• Manage the development and implementation of monitoring systems for performance indicators and standards, including ensuring data quality and compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
• Coordinate and facilitate discussions with employee(s) and managers on performance issues and service improvement measures
• Talent Management- Responsible for executing the Company’s Retention Strategies; Employee Career Management; Employee Promotion and Transitioning; Employee Leadership Development and identifying Talent Gaps.
• Develop and implement policy, process, and initiatives to meet the company’s aspirations on talent management, and staff career development
• Take lead and coordinating the talent management process and program, including identifying, assessing, developing, and reviewing high potential talent
• Maintain and update high potential talent list
• Collaborate with the training and support team to develop and conduct learning and development programs that align with talent management strategy
• Monitor progress against the Talent Management strategies
• Work closely with training and support unit to support talent management initiatives and succession planning
• Review and work closely the team to develop and maintain competencies and skills matrix for all areas of the business
• Develop and deliver ongoing development programs in line with developed skills matrix to ensure management are able to effectively conduct reviews, have difficult conversations and to encourage leadership development
• Works closely with the People Services & Reward Unit to manage and ensure the effectiveness and competitive compensation strategy in alignment with total rewards philosophy to foster talent retention
• Act as a central point of reference for internal and external queries with reference to performance and talent management. Ensure telephone and email enquiries are dealt with to a high professional standard and maintain confidentiality.
• Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
• A university degree in human management; social sciences, legal or related field is preferred.
• Professional Certification- human resources is an added advantage
• Good communication(oral and written) skills
• Good team spirit and project management skills
• Good people management and relationship skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good problem solving and reasoning skills
• Good interpersonal and relational skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; presentation skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Attentive to details, exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.