WTS Energy is seeking Technical Support Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Perform engineering calculations and software simulation to include but not limited to casing design, hydraulics, BHA, cementing, torque and drag, well control, surge and swab, drilling string, bit selection and nozzle sizing, etc.
- Support operations management of exploratory, appraisal, development and workover wells in offshore environment.
- Support in preparation of detailed drilling and work-over program and procedures.
- Review of offset wells data, NPT analysis, bit records, end of well reports.
- Support in preparation of End of Well and Project reports,
- Quality check of Daily Drilling Report (DDR)
- Monitoring of operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis and KPIs.
- Follow up operations to ensure timely mobilization and demobilization of personnel, equipment and services to optimize cost.
- Coordinating with rig site team to ensure timely and adequacy of materials and equipment for operation.
- Work in the field as Well Site Drilling Engineer or Night Drilling Supervisor to support critical operations.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
- Carry out all duties outlined by superior in support of on-going operations
- Actively participate in the day to day operations to ensure that adequate support is rendered to the office-based, rig-based teams as well as the shore-based logistics team.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years as Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-Up and /or deep-water rig) is required.
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience using leading well engineering software is important.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification