Territory Sales Manager, Saint-Gobain with its rich history of over 350 years is the world leader in the habitat and construction market. We design, manufacture and distribute high-performance building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. Saint-Gobain operates in 65 countries and has more than 170,000 employees and has obtained ‘’Top Employer Global 2016’’ certification.
As Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively being responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the your territory.
Your will be responsible for the following :
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long terms profitability growth in sales revenue.
- Directs the selling activities with the Territory, inclusive of customer interaction, Prioritizing effectively and in accordance with the Saint-Gobain Construction products objectives
- Representing Saint-Gobain in the country and managing the office
- Identifying with central team certain Merger & Acquisition targets in the country.
- Sets the vision for the Region and develop and adheres to a business plan to attain this vision
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional and profitability. Disseminate information to management.
- To demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establish, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop a clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization
- Create and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Plan and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and telemarketing events.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Responsibility for all safety aspects within assigned area with particular focus on driving standards and safety on building
- Participate social upliftment programmes within Division
- Ensure compliance with regards to Corporate Governance aligned to the SGCP Group standar
- Relationship with Key Stakeholder
- Management & other team member commitment
- Commitment of the Organisation
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally you will possess the following :
- Diploma / Degree in Built Environment or Business Management
- Relevant industry experience in construction/ building
- A commercial qualification is an added advantage
- Willingness to undertake relevant higher qualification is desirable
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- 3 to 5 years in Architecture / Construction and sales management experience
- Similar experience in sales environment is an added advantage
- Experience is the Sub-Saharan Markets, emerging/unstructured markets
- Knowledge of exports and imports administration.
- Knowledge and experience the building industry will be an added advantage
- Understanding International markets and their trends and proved network in Construction business
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Ability to research markets and adapt strategy to suite changing environments.
- Ability to compile business proposals.
- Must be willing to travel extensively into African countries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and operate independently;
- Good with people
- Good work ethic
- Trustworthy and reliable individual
- Good presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different cultures.
- Proven project related experience
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Commercial awareness – ability to identify opportunities and action
- Broader understanding of macro-economic drivers
- Success at selling new concepts and products
- Business to business selling, possibly construction market based and knowledge of modern procurement routes