GitLab is looking for a motivated and experienced engineer to help grow our test automation efforts across the entire GitLab ecosystem. This is a key position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong engineering principles and methodical problem solving skills.
- Expand our existing test automation framework
- Develop new tests and tools for our
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability and maintainability. You should know about clean code, the test pyramid and champion these concepts.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
- Ensure that automated tests execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Ensure test results are tracked and communicated in a timely and effective manner
- Strong experience developing in Ruby
- Strong experience using Git
- Experience with test automation tools like Capybara, Selenium
- Relevant internship or work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with AWS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!