Reports To: Customer Marketing Director
Location: Aba, Nigeria Purpose of Role
To play a key role in enabling GN PLC to accelerate its commercial agenda, delivering significant financial benefit by ensuring that the commercial calendar is activated, monitored and reported OTIF and in line with the agreed activation standards.
- Based on the new RTC channel reclassification and expansion, a total of 12 channels have been identified within our coverage universe – each with clearly defined standards that need to be activated in line with our defined activation standards.
- The heightened competitive and dynamic beer landscape in Nigeria with multiple brands, formats, sku’s and price points adds an additional level of complexity to this role in driving executional brilliance and standards across all channels and locations.
- Our ever expanding product portfolio further stretches the scope of this role as it is responsible for activating our entire GN portfolio across all priority channels with significant cross functional stakeholder management required (CPR, Sales Operations, Commercial finance, Brand teams, Activation teams, Sales teams)
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Joined Up Business Planning
- Supports in the development of the JUBP by brand, channel, division and customer.
- Supports the quarterly activity planning cycle effectiveness
- Supports in ensuring that the CM activity execution/activation calendar, is optimized in line with field sales capacity and capability
- Activity Planning & Commercial calendar
- Supports the development of the commercial channel and customer activation plans (including investment)
- Maintains & orchestrates the trade activation/execution calendar.
- Leads the Project management of the in-field execution/activation of the commercial activity calendar.
- Use expertise in the outlet universe to drive brilliant execution.
- Budget Management
- Accountable for trade activation budget and ensures that all spend are in line with plan and agreed guidelines
- Sales & Category Growth Drivers
- Leads the in-field execution/activation, monitoring & reporting of the relevant Sales & category/portfolio growth drivers.
- Also supports the broader sales team to execute brilliantly against them at maximum scale
- Sales Cycle Briefings
- Owns the sales cycle briefing sessions and coordinates the execution
Qualifications and Experience Required (Max 5 – 8 key requirements)
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales including ideally Field Sales. A track record in roles that require analytical thinking, data trend analysis and diagnosis
- Previous experience of:
- Managing others/leading managers and getting results through cross functional teams is valuable.
- Strategic planning, linking strategy into implementation through customer plans is important.
- This role requires strong project management skills, commercial and financial capability/acumen, a high level of computer literacy and previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and other functions particularly marketing and Finance is critical. Must also have a good track record in previous roles.
- 5yrs commercial experience in field sales & customer marketing
- Undergraduate degree level or equivalent (PG business oriented professional certification and or academic qualification is desirable but not mandatory)